Monday, January 9, 2017

Amanuensis Monday- Last Will and Testament of John Ferguson 1755 - 1842

Last Will and Testament of John Fargerson

The last Will & Testament of John Fargerson of Sugar River Township, Boone County, Indiana.  In the name of God, I John Fargerson considering the uncertainty of this mortal life & being of sound mind & memory(Blessed be almighty God for the same) do make & publish this my Last will and Testament, in manner and form following (that is tve and o say)  First I give and bequeath my wife Bethany Fargerson the sum of one dollar to be paid out of my personal property, also the one third of all my Real Estate (in Lieu of Dower) Item I give & Bequeath to my Daughter Mary Chinnault the sum of one dollar.  Item, I give & bequeath my Daughter Martha Knott the sum of one dollar. I give & Bequeath to my Daughter Rebecca Knott the sum of one dollar. Item, I give & Bequeath to my son William Fargerson the sum of one dollar. Item, I give & Bequeath to the heirs of my son David Fargerson the sum of one dollar.  Item, I give & Bequeath to my son John Fargerson the sum of one dollar. Item. I give & Bequeath to my Daughter Elizabeth Young the sum of one dollar.  Item, I give & bequeath to my son Joseph the sum of one dollar. Item, I give & bequeath to my son Benjamin Fargerson the sum of one dollar. Item, I  give & bequeath to my Daughter Hannah Green the sum of one dollar. Item, I give & bequeath to my son Moses Fargerson the sum of one dollar. Item, I give & bequeath to my Daughter Sarah Hill the sum of one dollar.  And all of the Balance of my property after paying the above specified funds, my Funeal expenses & all my just Debts I give & bequeath to my son Jonathan J Fargerson & my Daughter Bethany Fargerson to be equally divided between them at the time that Bethany is 18 years old.I do hereby appoint James L McConnell the county and state aforesaid my sole executator of this my last will and Testament hereby revoking all former wills by me made.  In Witness whereof I hereunto set my hand and seal, This Twenty fifth day of July in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and Forty.
          
                                                                                          His
                                                                                John   X    Fargeson                 
                                                                                         Mark
Signed Sealed published and delivered declared by the above named John Fargerson said to be his last Will and Testament in the presence of us who have hereunto subscribed our names as witnesses in the presence of  the Testator Wm P Davis.
State of Indiana/ss:                                                                         Samuel R Boyd
Boone County                                                                             Cornelius Westfall

                                                 Personally appeared before me the undersigned Clerk of the Probate Court of said county William P Davis & Samuel R Boyd two of the subscribing witnesses to the foregoing Last Will & Testament of John Fargerson Decd & being duly sworn upon this solomn oath that they saw the said Farguson sign seal & acknowledge the forgoing Last Will & Testament & that he requested them to sign the same in his presence & believe that he wat he was at the time of signing the same of sound mind & memory further saith not.  
                                                                                              Wm P Davis
                                                                                             Saml R Boyd
Subscribed & sworn to before me June 27th 1842  SS Brown clerk. !



John Ferguson was a Revolutionary War Soldier for the State of Virginia. In his will he named all fourteen of his children, including the married names of his daughters. He was my husband's 5th GreatGrandfather. His son Benjamin is Dave's 4th GrearGrandfather.

**************************************************************************************
1 Indiana, Wills and Probate Records, 1798 - 1999
Ancestry.com online images
Vol A, 1833-1853
Page 29-30, image 24
accessed 9 Jan 2017

image from Find a Grave

No comments:

Post a Comment