Sunday, December 30, 2018

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks - Week 52 "resolution"


I


It’s week 52 of the 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Challenge and the prompt is “resolution”.

At this time of the year I usually review the genealogy goals that I wanted to accomplish this past year and determine what I want to accomplish for the coming year.

Last year one of my goals was to finish documenting my children’s Patriot Ancestor connection for an application to the DAR since this was a leftover from 2017 goals. Guess what it’s at the top of my list this year! I am determined that it will be completed this year.

I joined this challenge last year in hopes of increasing the number of my blog posts. This worked so well that I am joining again. Of the 52 weeks of prompts, I have posted 45 times. I think this is a big improvement over the 21 blog posts in 2017.

I will continue the “Do Over “that I began in 2016 and continue adding source citations to all individuals and facts and may re-visit some of my older blog posts to see where they can be improved.

I still volunteer weekly at my local Family History Center and am program chair for the local genealogy group.

Other hopes for the coming year are for more information on my husband’s mysterious Swedish ancestors and furthering my knowledge of my Irish 2nd great-grandparents.

Check back next year to see how I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment