Thursday, January 31, 2013

Family History Writing Challenge




Tomorrow February 1st is the beginning of the Family History Writing Challenge.  I have signed up and pledged to write 250 to 300 words per day.  My plan is to write about various individuals in my family tree and intersperse these sketches with articles about the places they came from and some happenings from their era. I will use these articles on my blog and will not be using the Geneabloggers memes during February.
In writing about my ancestors, I will be doing a narrative with my some of my personal observations added.  I will use footnotes to document the facts.  When I can, I will include pictures or other illustrations with the articles.
To prepare for this challenge, I have added one word to my google calendar for each day of February, This word is either a name or a topic.  This will help me to meet the challenge since I have found that without a topic before me, I just don’t write. The idea is that I will be dwelling on tomorrow’s topic as soon as I finish writing today’s blog,
I have been blogging for almost three years and will probably revisit a few of the people but will try to write about them in a different way.
My genealogy research began almost 20 years ago and researching from the point of view of my grandchildren so I am also researching my son-in-law’s ancestors. Resources I will be using include my genealogy research, family photos where available, and personal memories, again where available. 
(256) 

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great plan. Best wishes on a successful month! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bill. I've made this public as additional motivation.

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to read your posts, Donna! Good luck with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's quite a challenge Donna. I look forward to seeing some of those posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Julie and Lisa! I hope I can complete the Challenge.

    ReplyDelete