Thursday, January 8, 2015

Genealogy Do-Over: The first week ends!



It's time to recount what I accomplished this first week of the Do-Over.  Since I am doing a modified Do-Over, my procedure will be different than others.

I will be making my first trip to Salt Lake City in February so I am also working on my research plan for the trip.  I have decided to check the Swedish records for two of the brick walls in my husband's paternal lines.  One is Oloff Hanson ( b 1824-1831) who came from Sweden in the 1850's and fought in the Civil War.  I would like to try to determine his place of birth and parents names.  Leopold Peterson is the second person I have decided to find in the Swedish records.  Leopold immigrated to Boston in 1870 and married there in 1873 before moving to Chicago before 1880.  These men are the respective 2nd great-grandfather and great-grandfathers of my husband.  In preparing for the research I have printed  a timeline and filled out a research plan of action.  The second research I would like to do in Salt Lake is to check-out the available films for counties Cork and Limerick in Ireland for my mother's parents families.  I will check the Family History Library Catalog for the films that I might want to see.  I do know parishes and townlands that I am interested in researching/

This week I have also developed a file naming convention which is similar to other that have been posted and explored Evernote.  In Evernote I have set up a notebook system and moved research notes into various surname notebooks.

Bring on Week 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment