Monday, March 14, 2011

52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy and History - Week 11 Illness and Injury

Week 11: Illness and Injury. Describe your childhood illnesses or injuries. Who took care of you? Did you recuperate in your own bed, on the couch in front of the television, or somewhere else? 52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History by Amy Coffin is a series of weekly blogging prompts (one for each week of 2011) that invite genealogists and others to record memories and insights about their own lives for future descendants?

When I was growing up, I seemed to get a strep infection on an almost annual basis. I was miserable and couldn't even swallow. I would lay in my bed with cool washrags on my forehead. As I began to get better I would begin reading my mysteries. I was cared for by my mother with some help from my younger sister.

The only injury (aside from the usual skinned knees) I suffered was a sprained ankle incurred in a game of dodgeball in high school. It was winter and college test time. Getting on and off a bus to go take SATs while on crutches was a challenge with the ice and snow!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so enjoying reading your blog.

    I'm giving you the "One Lovely Blog" award.

    Please visit this entry on my blog to accept your award, and see the rules for passing it on:
    http://dee-burris.livejournal.com/59430.html

    Dee at Shakin' the Family Tree

    ReplyDelete