Today is the last day and what have I done? I selected a new color pallette for the blog after reviewing hundreds of color combinations. I really had to think about the viewpoint I wanted the blog to imply. I think that I achieved the look I wanted except for the logo. I haven't quite figured out how to add that.
Here it is:
I also looked at fonts and changed a few and added some bolding.
Another challenge was to create a blog mission statement. It was easy because the point of my blog is two-fold. First to write about the things I learn and do while researching my ancestors and second as cousin bait. The cousin bait really works as I have made contacts in Norway, Ireland, and Germany as well as Florida, Texas, and California through my blog.
I am also doing Thomas MacEntee's Genealogy Do-Over and DearMYRTLE's "Finally Getting Organized" challenges and will begin Lynn Palermo's Family History Writing challenge in February. Let me know how you like the changes! I am very open to suggestions.