The Award Rules: The recipient of the Ancestor Approved award lists ten things learned about their ancestors that have surprised, humbled, or enlightened. The recipient then passes the award to ten other bloggers that are doing their Ancestors proud.
1. We had soldiers serving in several wars in the family. I didn't know that. My husband's Scots ancestors
fought in the Revolutionary War as well as the Civil War, in addition to more modern wars.
2. Sweden invaded Germany in the late 1500's. I learned this while researching my husband's German roots.
3. I love Google maps.
4. That I can find my around the Norwegian Digitalarkivet.
5. That Familysearch.org is my friend.
6. It is worth googeling a name or phrase in Google Books. That's how I verified the cause of death for my
7. I am humbled that my ancestors left their homes and came to this country for a better life.They were
8. My husband's ancestors, on his mother's side, have been living in Southern Illinois since the 1860s.
9. When some one asks about our Coat of Arms, I can reply there isn't one! We were farmers and shop
10. Religion meant a lot to my ancestors.
Although this part of the award was the most difficult, I have chosen the following bloggers to receive the Ancestor Approved Award:
Becky of http://mygenealogypondering.blogspot.com/
Robin of http://robinsavingstories.blogspot.com/
Lori E of http://www.familytreesmaycontainnuts.com
Carolyn Murphy of http://www.familytreegal.blogspot.com/
Sheri at http://sherifenley.blogspot.com/
Carol at http://www.reflectionsfromthefence.com/
Hummer at http://branchingoutthroughtheyears.blogspot.com/
James Tanner at http://genealogysstar.blogspot.com/
Cindy at http://genealogysstar.blogspot.com/
Now I will visit their blogs to let them know of their award!